Aces Debate Club – Registration now open!
Where you’ll learn to think fast and speak well! Learn research, writing, and oral argumentation. Programs for beginning and experienced debaters, 5th thru 8th grade! All programs consist of weekly class sessions held at HMS for 60 minutes with supplemental debate activities. All programs conclude with a 2-hour session to give students an opportunity to demonstrate their new skills in full debates.
- Club dates/times: Thursdays 3:45-4:45pm (Intermediate/Advanced Debate), Fridays 3:45-4:45pm (Intro to Debate)
- Location/room number: 109-111
- Club fee: $275
- Register here
Chess-Ed – Registration now open!
Chess-Ed will continue to provide unique, exciting and dynamic chess instruction which lifts each student to a new level of expertise. Each week students will enjoy an engaging lesson with supervised time to play classmates. Students will grow their knowledge of the game – from the basics through opening theory, middle game tactics and end game combinations.
Students’ vocabulary and math skills will continue to advance.Studies confirm that the student who plays chess does better academically. Playing chess increases IQ performance, improves memory, uses analytical and critical thinking skills, teaches problem solving, responsibility, sportsmanship, social skills and more. The chess program is open to all students in all grades and of all playing levels.
- Club dates/times: Thursdays 3:45-4:45pm; Fall Session Dates: 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, (No School-11/16- PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES), (No class 11/23 Thanksgiving), 11/30, 12/7, and 12/14
- Club fee: $198 through 9/7, $208 (9/8-9/15), $228 (9/16-10/5)
- Register here
Skyline: Matilda – Registration now open!
Packed with high-energy dance numbers, catchy songs and unforgettable characters, Matilda is a magical musical theater experience. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination.
Skyline’s Broadway Performers is a no-cut program designed for middle school actors. Performers will be challenged by a professional teaching artist, and level up by learning advanced performance skills such as solo vocal technique, sophisticated character development, complex blocking, and challenging musical theater choreography.
- Club dates/times: Wednesdays 3:45-5:45; 9/27-12/10 (no class 11/22), show is 12/13
- Location: Auditorium and Drama classroom
- Directed by Ms. Heidi
- Club Fee: $370
- Register here (If needed, join waitlist here)
High Five Junior Choir – Registration now open!
The Wilmette High Five Junior Choir provides an empowering learning environment in which students of all abilities come together to create and experience music, build friendships, and raise awareness against stereotypes of individuals with disabilities.
This club was designed after the High-5 Choir that is offered at New Trier High School. The Wilmette High Five Junior Choir aims to share the love of music with peers regardless of abilities, share our voices through music, and have a lot of fun!
- Club dates/times: Thursdays 3:45-4:45 pm on the following dates: 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 1/11, 1/18. An afternoon concert will be held on 1/25.
- Location/room number: HMS Music Room 134
- Name of instructor/teacher: Mrs. Martin, Music Director
- Club fee: $125
- Register here
Please note that the High Five Junior Choir is different from the grade level choirs. If you mean to register your child for the 5th grade choir, please do so with the school provided forms.
Yearbook Club – Join the waitlist!
Do you want to learn how to produce and promote our HMS Yearbook? Do you enjoy photography? Do you enjoy being part of a team? Then come be a part of the team that will organize photos for our annual yearbook and create videos for broadcast, promoting the sale of yearbooks. The 2023-2024 Highcrest Yearbook Club will record the events and activities of the school year. Your input will become a treasured memory of your time here at Highcrest Middle School!
- Club dates/times: Tuesdays at 8am, 10/10-12/19 (no meeting on 11/21)
- Location: Room 209
- Club Fee: $120
We’re sorry – this club has reached capacity! Please email email@example.com to be put on the waitlist for this club.