Aces Debate Club – Registration opens on 4/5 at 9am!
Where you’ll learn to think fast and speak well! Learn research, writing, and oral argumentation. Programs for beginning and experienced debaters, 5th thru 8th grade! All programs consist of weekly class sessions held at HMS for 60 minutes with supplemental debate activities. All programs conclude with a 2-hour session to give students an opportunity to demonstrate their new skills in full debates.
- Club dates/times: 8 Week Spring Session begins April 13th – Thursdays 3:45-4:45pm (Advanced Debate), Fridays 3:45-4:45pm (Intro to Debate)
- Location/room number: 109-111
- Club fee: $275
- Register here (opens on April 5th at 9am)
Chess-Ed – Registration opens on 3/17 at 9am!
Chess-Ed will continue to provide this unique, exciting and dynamic chess instruction which lifts each student to a new level of expertise. Each week students will enjoy an engaging lesson with supervised time to play classmates. Students will grow their knowledge of the game – from the basics through opening theory, middle game tactics and end game combinations. Students’ vocabulary and math skills will continue to advance.
Studies confirm that the student who plays chess does better academically. Playing chess increases IQ performance, improves memory, uses analytical and critical thinking skills, teaches problem solving, responsibility, sportsmanship, social skills and more. The chess program is open to all students in all grades and of all playing levels. JOIN TODAY!
- Club dates/times: 10 Week Spring Session begins April 6; Thursdays 3:45-4:45pm
- Club fee: Early bird registration (prior to 3/23): $170; On time registration (prior to 3/30): $180; Late registration (4/1-4/21): $200
- Register here
- Other: Chess-Ed. does not pro-rate classes. Questions? Please contact email@example.com and include Highcrest in the subject line. A full refund, less a $20 administrative fee, guaranteed if notified before the third class. Contact Chess-Ed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Musical 2 Jr. – Registration opens on 3/17 at 9am!!
What Time is It?! Join Skyline Studios, Highcrest School, and the East High crew for a fun filled spring session! You can be the basketball player, brainiac, or drama queen. Get ready to sing, dance and act in the scene. Sign up now and Get’cha Head in the Game. It’s going to be Fabulous — You can Bet on It!
- Club dates/times: Wednesdays 3:45-5:45; First Class: April 5; Last Class/Performance: June 7
- Directed by Ms. Heidi
- Club Fee: $365
- Register here