Registration for Winter 2018 After School Clubs is now open! Most clubs start the week of January 15 and run for 8-10 weeks. See club descriptions for class dates. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Registration for District 39 Educational Foundation Science Olympiad non-competitive courses is underway now through November 6. Courses range from Disease Detectives to Roller Coasters to Bottle Rockets and more. To register go to http://www.d39foundation.org/making-impact/science-olympiad/registration. Courses are filling so if your child’s selection is full when you register, make sure to sign up on the waitlist. Spots may open up or additional sections may be added.
After School Club Update: Registration for High Five Choir is now Open!
Come join us in helping make the Freaky Friday party a great time for our 5th & 6th graders. FREAKY FRIDAY is Highcrest’s Halloween-themed party for Highcrest students only! We will have a DJ, food, dancing, inflatables, and carnival games. Please sign up HERE.
How will YOU show your Highcrest Middle School spirit this year?
With Highcrest Spiritwear, of course! Click below to order online.
School pictures will be taken September 13, 2017. Please click here to sign up.
Please join us on Friday, September 8, 2017 for a fun-filled day with your 5th Graders! 5th Grade Connections is a field day just for 5th Graders and is organized by each House to help the kids get to know each other better. The day is volunteer driven so we need your help heading organized games for the kids throughout the day. This has been a wonderful bonding experience for the 5th graders in the past and a great way for parents to see all the new friends being made!
Please note the rain date will be Friday, September 15, 2017.
Commemorate your child’s birthday by purchasing a book for the Highcrest Library Media Center.
The 2018 Highcrest Variety Show, produced by Youth Connection and sponsored by the Wilmette Optimist Club, is almost here, and Winter Break is the perfect time for kids to be creative and work on their acts. Prefer to work backstage as a crew member? We need you too!
Come take part in Shining Bright, and perform live for your friends and family. You can sing, dance, juggle, do gymnastics, perform a skit or comedy, solo or with a group. This year, a professional director, Ty Perry, will work with students and direct the show.
The Show is Friday, Jan. 26th, and rehearsals begin Jan. 9th.
It’s easy to sign up!
Support D39 strategic goals related to Sustainability Practices by implementing environmentally sustainable practices for all PTO/A events. When planning an event, please consider the following Objectives/Guidelines:
1. Use items that can be recycled/ composted or made from sustainable materials*
• No Styrofoam products;
• Plates, cups, bowls, etc should be compostable/recyclable (paper goods should state 100% compostable or 100% paper (with no waxy coating);
• Use paper and card stock made of recycled content, if possible;
2. Procure environmentally responsible decorations, give-aways and other supplies*
• Avoid or limit promotional or give-away items (select items that have a purpose and that are not single-use);
• Minimize decorations and single-use packaging;
• Consider garnishes, centerpieces and decorations that can be eaten, donated, recycled, reused or composted;
• Utilize reusable service items such as cloth napkins, tablecloths and bulk condiments;
• Purchase items that are sourced locally;
3. Provide recycling and composting services for events
• Provide clear signage to all recycling and composting collection areas;
• Contact your Green Committee chair to answer any questions.
* Whole Foods, Fresh Markets. On-line: Costco, Office Depot, Eco-Products, Natural Value, Bridge-Gate, greenpartygoods.com, ecopartytime.com
Our Civics and Safety folks have assembled this map to help you figure out the safest way to get to school.
The Highcrest Civics and Safety Chair coordinates civics and safety programs for Highcrest and helps coordinate safety components of other PTO programs.
Last May, the PTO contracted with a firm to collect and compost food waste. They collected approximately 750 pounds of food waste in four days, or 187.50 pounds of food waste per day, or .22 pounds per student per day.
What is Freaky Friday?
Freaky Friday is the PTO-sponsored, Halloween inspired fall party on October 27th from 6:00 – 7:30 at the school, and features carnival games, inflatable rides and bouncing, dancing, photo booth and haunted house and much, much more. This event is open to all HMS students. Tickets can be purchased for $15 online only.
Come in costume and ready to PARTY!
This page is being updated for the 2017-2018 school year. Please be aware some conditions may change.
What is the Highcrest Variety Show?
HVS is a live, short act, variety show. Students sing, dance, juggle, do gymnastics, stand up comedy, magic, play music as part of a group or solo, and/or perform a skit.
What is Luau Madness?
Luau Madness is a school wide spring themed party (spring break/beach and March Madness basketball) for students of Highcrest only.
When is Luau Madness?
Luau Madness will be held on Friday, March 16, 2018.more >>
Last year, over 150 students participated in 23 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) enrichment courses taught by volunteer leaders from the D39 community, many of them practicing scientists.