iGNITE is the PTO’s main fundraiser for enrichment activities for Highcrest students. It aims to:
- Enhance curriculum-based learning.
- Build skills that drive characteristics of successful learners.
- Promote social and emotional awareness.
Every Highcrest student has access to innovative, hands-on programs that bring to life the curriculum taught in schools and build skill sets integral to future success like field trips, outside speakers and performances. What you might not know is that these programs are NOT paid for by the school district. They are primarily funded by Highcrest families through iGNITE. Every dollar given goes directly back to Highcrest students. Donate now by clicking here.
This is a tax deductible donation and, as a thank you, all donors will receive a Highcrest car magnet.
WHY SUPPORT iGNITE ?
IGNITE programs motivate learning and spark imaginations. Think of how Steve Jobs was inspired by a calligraphy class. Past activities have included:
- “Yes You Can” motivational speech by Paralympian Lloyd Bacharach
- Field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry to coincide with the Human Body science curriculum
- Northbrook Park District Team Building activities, including cooperative games and trust initiatives
- “Mr. Freeze” science demonstration on the wonders of cryogenics by a Fermilab scientist
- Maintenance of the Outdoor Classroom, a beautiful haven where students can go to garden, study or simply relax and appreciate nature
- Implementing Environmental Awareness programs such as disposable water bottle elimination
- In-class project and activities for World Language and Academic Strategies
HOW DO I DONATE?
You can include your donation when you sign up for your PTO membership on the AtoZ Directory checkout page, or donate here. Remember, your donation goes right back to your kids by paying for buses, museum admissions and all the other extras that make Highcrest such an incredible place to learn.
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org